MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my old Rover 600 Diesel sitting around for a few months since it went pop, waiting for me to get round to doing something with it. Unfortunately the council has now noticed this and I have until Friday to remove it. Before I send it to a scrappy I thought I’d post on here (my go-to place for Rover repair advice) in case a Rover enthusiast would want it.

There is one very important condition of sale, if you are interested you will need to pick it up (it isn’t drivable) by this Friday 5pm at the latest from Hemel Hempstead (1/2 mile from J8 M1).

If you are interested email me on rob dot wake at gmail dot com. I’m certainly not looking for a fortune, so any offer would be considered as long as it can be taken away as soon as possible.

A bit about the car:
It is a 1998 S-plate Rover 620 (Turbo Diesel), in metallic red with full grey leather seats. It has air con (needs re-gassing) and all electric windows. The car died somewhat dramatically on the A505 last year when the turbo blew leading to a runaway engine (outside lane at a good speed for added excitement). It did still start afterwards but sounded very rough and I was advised it was irreparable. So while it can be towed or loaded onto a trailer, you won’t be able to drive it away. Additionally, the battery has since gone flat, the wiper linkage needs fixing, the key zappers never worked and I’ve pinched the stereo for the wife’s car. Otherwise it’s in pretty good nick for its age and mileage (149K) with a brand new exhaust. It drove very well and I had it from around 95K up to 149K mainly doing long motorway runs. You can see some photos of the car here. It comes with a fair handful of old bills (I’ve had the brake lines, gear linkage and rear suspension fixed in the last couple of years), the V50, an MOT that has just expired and no tax (hence the council’s interest).

·
Registered
classic_rover
4 Posts
Interested

Hi there, I am interested in this rover. If it is still available please contact me on 07591299227.

Phil

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I wish it was closer or I'd take it myself.

If all it needs is a new turbo (£50) and an oil change then 1 days work and it'll be back on the road.

Other than that, 1 day auction on eBay and you'll get maybe £150 less £28 sellers fees.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts