MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
rover_45
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a rover 45 which has a strange fault on the heater blower. Sometimes it blows intermittently; If you imagine covering and uncovering a vacuum cleaner pipe, it sounds like that. after a few minutes it starts to run normally. I took it to my local Rover garage (it needed a new lamp (£2) behind the LCD clock as well) and they removed the pollen filter (£21) which had small pieces of debris on it plus a couple of beech leaves. They said this was the problem and could I not park it near hedges in future ! So I paid the £137.84 and the problem has NOT gone away. Any constuctive ideas would be appreciated

PeteB

·
Registered
cityrover
13,055 Posts
sounds like something to do with the blower motor, under the passenger side airbag or above the glove box which ever way you look at it

·
Registered
rover_45
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Phil_216sli_Mk3 said:
sounds like something to do with the blower motor, under the passenger side airbag or above the glove box which ever way you look at it
Yes, I may take a look at the weekend. But I don't want to upset the airbag. Anyway, it might "go away" for the warmer months, as it started at the beginning of last Autumn.

Thanks Phil

·
Registered
446 Posts
peteb said:
I have a rover 45 which has a strange fault on the heater blower. Sometimes it blows intermittently; If you imagine covering and uncovering a vacuum cleaner pipe, it sounds like that. after a few minutes it starts to run normally.
That sounds like the noise you get when you press the button for recycle air.
Try cycling that button, see how it sounds, it might be activating itself somehow, intermittent wiring fault perhaps? Or do you have climate control and starts doing a demist sequence of internal air only?

When I switch my air to recycle, I hear a valve or flap move and then the change in sound from the airflow, very much like the vacuum cleaner thing you describe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts