think they are also suitable for the t-series ..even though he does not say it
platinums are not special ..........they are just long life plugs

all the best..mark

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Rimmers here

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/pdf/mgrover/MG%20Rover%20Popular%20Parts.pdf

list NLP000040 as fitting 1.4 1.6 and 2 ltr non turbo rover 200/400 oct 92-feb 96

i cant see why they should be different beyond this date on the 2ltr .....speaking for myself

or does anyone know why the part numbers are different after this date please

at that price you could buy 4 or 5 sets .and be set for all the servicing for the whole life of the car ....me thinks

all the best.mark

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
Been back into Xpart and cross referenced the plugs of the 400 range.
As you say the nlp40's will do up to 2000 , from then on it lists nlp290's. I can only assume it is around 2000/2001 they went over to platinums.
Somebody with "tech spec" will be around to correct me.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I think they should be ok for pre 2000. my 45 has the coil over the plug ignition, could this be the difference ?

Chris

·
Registered
rover_45
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How do I get to the spark plugs on the Rover 45 2002 1.6 K series engine.
Have removed the 3 bolts (one sheared off) but can only see two leads for the plugs where are the others and how do I get at them?

·
Registered
585 Posts
chudofbroady said:
How do I get to the spark plugs on the Rover 45 2002 1.6 K series engine.
Have removed the 3 bolts (one sheared off) but can only see two leads for the plugs where are the others and how do I get at them?
Undo the 2 bolts that hold each coil to the head, the other 2 plugs are under these, ease the coil upwards and disconnect the wiring loom plug to release them. Basically you have a coil on top of one plug you then have a lead connecting to a second plug and you have this X 2.

Torque settings if you need them
Plugs 25nm
Coil bolts 8nm
Plastic Cover 10nm

·
Registered
rover_45
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
cjsale said:
Undo the 2 bolts that hold each coil to the head, the other 2 plugs are under these, ease the coil upwards and disconnect the wiring loom plug to release them. Basically you have a coil on top of one plug you then have a lead connecting to a second plug and you have this X 2.

Torque settings if you need them
Plugs 25nm
Coil bolts 8nm
Plastic Cover 10nm
So I managed to remove the 2 bolts and lifted the piece as one upwards and a spring is now dangling down and the rubber over the plug is still inside the shaft. What a nightmare!!!
What am I doing wrong here?
Changing spark plugs in the old days was simple and straightforward.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Sounds like when you lifted the coil and plug cover out the plug shroud it has come apart so what you have done is pull the coil upwards removing the innards from the plug shroud. Unlike old style plugleads the 2 with coils above only rest on the plug with spring pressure (or that's what I have determined with mine) the other 2 clip on as normal. Have you tried to put them back together ?

·
Registered
585 Posts
I've been looking at one of my coils it's on the desk in front of me, I would say that looking at it the rubber plug shroud is seperate from the coil moulding, it's very tight and won't come of easily, I don't want to pull to much in case I damage mine. But I would say that it should push back onto the coil providing the contacts that are underneath have not broken. As I said in my previous post the contact only seems to rely on spring pressure. Let me know how you go on.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts