MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Andy here and I'm new to the forum.Just bought my Rover 45 after having Pugs for years.Today I had to change the wifes Saxo fuel filter after I noticed and smelled a leak.It's 4 years old and to be expected.
It got me wondering though.Where is the fuel filter on my 2002 Rover 45 1800 club automatic.Near the tank or in the engine bay.I presume that 4 years for a Rover will be about right as well? Any thoughts please.
Andy

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
1,496 Posts
Rover_King said:
What are the negative effects of not replacing them?
The fuel filter can block up, your petrol or diesel is stored in tanks at the petrol station which could be rusting, and you can get small particles of rust in your petrol, when you fill up the car your placing a metal nozzle against your fuel filler and small metal shavings along with general road dirt and dust can be drawn in. Your own petrol tank can disintegrate and you can get small particles of plastic or metal from there. All this combined will cause a fairly large amount of dirt and grit to accumulate in the filter and eventually restrict the flow of fuel to the engine.

You want to see the state of the fuel filters coming off marine diesel engines every 6 months (or sooner). Truely unbelieveable.

Unless you've got a Lister diesel engine, don't even think of running your engine without a fuel or air filter either, unless you want clogged injectors and all sorts of other failures and breakages.

·
Registered
9,970 Posts
Nick Birse said:
Unless you've got a Lister diesel engine, don't even think of running your engine without a fuel or air filter either, unless you want clogged injectors and all sorts of other failures and breakages.
I think I should show my dad this! lol

How often does the fuel filter need replacing?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Head Gasket

Okay what have I bought here?Showing my ignorance here but what's the story with the k series engine,especially head gaskets??
Andy

·
Registered
rover_100
233 Posts
Rover_King said:
How often does the fuel filter need replacing?

Every 45-50.000 miles, although the service instructions refers 60.000 miles (depending on the quality of the fuel that you use regularly. Do you know how good is your fuel? For sure? :john: ).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts