MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am completely new to the Rover 45, it has 65k miles, year 2000 1.8 Petrol.

When driving off the clutch 'bite' feels very loose, I am not savvy with cars so please excuse the poor descriptions. When trying to move off getting the bite seems to be a bit of a gamble mixing in the revs to get the car to move. Is this a common issue, art, or build feature of the older 2000 model?

If not what would be the best steps to help refine and tighten up the bite/responsiveness of the car?

Many thanks,

Marc.

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,380 Posts
Welcome

In your other thread you say that you are new to driving, it is possible that the issue is your relative lack of experience with other cars. Often the clutch can be quite different from car-to-car and even as an experienced driver you often find yourself stalling or over reving a new (to you) car.

Is there someone who can have drive in the car to see what they think?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome

In your other thread you say that you are new to driving, it is possible that the issue is your relative lack of experience with other cars. Often the clutch can be quite different from car-to-car and even as an experienced driver you often find yourself stalling or over reving a new (to you) car.

Is there someone who can have drive in the car to see what they think?
Hi Chris, thanks for your message. A valid point but I had my brother and partner both drive the car and they felt the same regarding the clutch.

It may take time and with it being an older vehicle but even moving off quickly seems to be quite risky?

Best way I can describe it would be I can't really feel a bite, more just waiting for the car to move before I have confidence to add gas and lift the clutch.

·
Registered
rover_25
348 Posts
Hi Chris, thanks for your message. A valid point but I had my brother and partner both drive the car and they felt the same regarding the clutch.

It may take time and with it being an older vehicle but even moving off quickly seems to be quite risky?

Best way I can describe it would be I can't really feel a bite, more just waiting for the car to move before I have confidence to add gas and lift the clutch.
try and new cable, i think the 45 has a hydraulic clutch, if so try bleed it with some fresh fluid

1 - 4 of 4 Posts