MG-Rover.org Forums banner

rover 416 running hot

925 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  stroker83
hi all.

recently the missus car was runnin hot so i took it to a ex rover dealer. they changed the water pump and bled the system. tonite we decided to leave my r420 at home and take her car for a drive. while parked at a stoplight i noticed that the temp was rising waay above normal. so i stopped at a gas station to inspect for coolant loss but the coolant is fine . the heater blows hot air. but i did see that the radiator is in pretty bad shape and the cooling fan doesn't seem to turn very fast. i think my problem could be one of these 3.
1 bad radiator
2 bad cooling fan
3 faulty thermostat

plzz help me here as i would like to get the car sorted asap

cheers
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
If it is overheating when standing, but not when driving, the problem will lie with the cooling fan.
that seems to be the issue because when the car is driving it cools down. it should be noted that when i drive my r420 i could hear my coolin fan at stand still. but on the 416 i dont hear it at all. when i checked under the bonnet its spinning but not very fast

cheers
hi all.

recently the missus car was runnin hot so i took it to a ex rover dealer. they changed the water pump and bled the system. tonite we decided to leave my r420 at home and take her car for a drive. while parked at a stoplight i noticed that the temp was rising waay above normal. so i stopped at a gas station to inspect for coolant loss but the coolant is fine . the heater blows hot air. but i did see that the radiator is in pretty bad shape and the cooling fan doesn't seem to turn very fast. i think my problem could be one of these 3.
1 bad radiator
2 bad cooling fan
3 faulty thermostat

plzz help me here as i would like to get the car sorted asap

cheers
YO
I think that you have to changes your radiator, maybe then your temp is okey .
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.