MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i have a 1997 P reg. Rover 414 Si 5 door hatch 43,000 genuine miles, my insurance company has just spent £1600 on it, getting the front end fixed following a stupid shunt, all my fault LOL.

Not related to the shunt, my Clutch pedal is very high, mechanics who have had a look say that everything looks as it should, so what can i do to make it like it should be please, as a last resort i shall have to goto a Rover Dealer, happily somebody else on this board has recomended a non ROVER garage near to where i work and i would need them to plug it into there computer as well, because the petrol consumption is rubbish :(

tim

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
When you say the clutch pedal is very high, do you mean physically or the bite point... As the pedal is just a metal lever then to be physically high it would have to be bent or something along those lines.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I think he means physically, but arent most clutch pedals just that little bit higher than the brake pedal. or can they be made to be level with them?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what is an "RT" 400, i guess that is technical jargon lol.

the Clutch behaves as normal so i guess it cant be the Master Cylinder ????

the pedal is much too high, although while pressing it down there is a small movement downwards before it does anything but not very far at all.

i've just had a brilliant idea i shall take a picture of it !!!!!!! then you will see first hand how much too high it is, ok.

thanks for your ideas.

tim

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks Major, i guessed it was summat like that, I like your TV mate !.

i just gotta go out and take the missus to IKEA !!!!!!!!!!!, then i'll take the picture i spoke of.

Major Ingram ..... that must be a wind up, i guess the real chap of that name wouldnt wouldnt dare to show his nose anywhere at all anymore !!!!!. bloody crook.

tim

PS. to get to IKEA from where i live i gotta drive about 50 miles just to get there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

·
Premium Member
79,177 Posts
OK.....post a pic when you can...I'll see what I can do to help.

IKEA? I hate the place, our nearest is Bristol......so don't go there very often.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
here is the picture, i hope it helps, i didnt bother getting it out of the garage LOL.

Ikea, what a bloody place, our nearest one is near Wemberly, 38 miles away !, loadsa crumpet to oggle at though LOL, all shapes, sizes and colours.

tim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts