MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've lost my key fob and the spare, but do have a spare key. If I use this to open the car will the alarm go off and if so how do I disable it? Also, the keyfob deactivated the immobilser is there another way to deactivate it?

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
Howard Moon said:
I've lost my key fob and the spare, but do have a spare key. If I use this to open the car will the alarm go off and if so how do I disable it? Also, the keyfob deactivated the immobilser is there another way to deactivate it?

Do you have the security card that came with the car.

There should be a 4 figure "Emergency Key Access" code.

To enter this:-

First put key in driver's door and turn to lock. Hold for 4 seconds.

turn to unlock and release for the first figure number ie if first number is 2 turn to unlock and release twice.

Turn to lock and release for the second number (as above)

turn to unlock and release for the 3rd number

turn to lock and release for the 4th number.

unlock car, and start.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hi,

I ve recently brought my car and hte previous owner had lost this card. How can I get a replacement / find out the code ?? Do I have to go to Rover ot get this done ??

SBK

·
Premium Member
79,177 Posts
sbk1972 said:
Hi,

I ve recently brought my car and hte previous owner had lost this card. How can I get a replacement / find out the code ?? Do I have to go to Rover ot get this done ??

SBK
Try your local dealer, they should be able to download the relevant codes from the Service Database. Be prepared to jump through a few security check beforehand though - and pay perhaps £10-£15

1 - 7 of 7 Posts