1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here :-
http://www.wisebuyers.co.uk/car-price-guide/summary/Rover/400%20(1995-00)/

Is this correct ..i thought it was just the 600

if it is correct ....what are the differences and will Honda civic panels suspension parts interchange .

I know the engine wont..

I go round with my eyes closed most of the time ........I've not noticed a Honda looking like a 400 ever.

all the best.mark

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Yes they are quite correct.

The Honda Civic and Rover 400 were developed together.

The Civic even had a Rover engine in it - the 2.0i TD.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
aboard_epsilon said:

if it is correct ....what are the differences and will Honda civic panels suspension parts interchange .

I know the engine wont..

I go round with my eyes closed most of the time ........I've not noticed a Honda looking like a 400 ever.

all the best.mark
Really mate??? If you look at them, you can really see. I mean inside, if it wasnt for different steering wheels, they would be absolutely identical. Basically from the side, the doors, handles, roofline, they are the same. The front is quite different looking, but the back is awfully similar, but not identical. Next time you are out, look for it, you will instantly see the similarities/carbon copies between the two.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Erm...

I'm a little confused here.

I thought the similarities were as follows:

MK2 200 = Honda Concerto

MK1 400 = elongated version

MK2 400 = Honda Civic...

But that link seems to suggest that the Rover Coupe was the Honda Civic.

Now as far as I could tell, the rover coupe was just essentially a coupe version of the R8 platform, of which the concerto was the honda equivalent (although they didn't have a coupe form of it)

So whats going on here?

I mean the MK2 200 is DEFINATELY the concerto. There's no way it's a civic
And the MK2 400 (the "bubble" version) IS the civic.

I don't see how the coupe is a civic.
Sorry if I'm being stupid.

EDIT: That page is really confusing as it shows the coupe on the page for the MK2 400. Sorry about the mixup - hey, at least my knowledge is right! It's just that stupid site! :D

·
Registered
cityrover
3,409 Posts
My 1997 Rover 400 is aka a 5 door UK spec Civic of the same age. Many of the parts in my rover are also directly interchangeable with other honda parts - the sunroof/interior light is identical even to my father in law's 1998 Accord Sports.

The two cars are absolutely identical as far as I can see with the exception of the lower front - the headlights and bonnet are the same but the skirt underneath, fog fitments et al do differ.

This hasn't helped me a great deal however as 5 door civic parts are pretty hard to come by, and/or expensive.

That article is correct in writing but that picture is entirely irrelevent.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
aboard_epsilon said:

I know the engine wont..

all the best.mark
You've prob seen a Civic and not realised,they're that close.Sometimes I see one and think,I didn't know they did a 400 in that colour,they didn't,when I look again it's a Civic.:O

·
Registered
cityrover
3,409 Posts
Very useful to know for parts : if you're really stuck on something or your Rover dealer isn't entirely helpful, Honda's service folks are usually very good :D
"Whats your VIN?"
"xxx"
"Erm, thats not a Honda sir"
"Near enough, sell me the parts ;) "

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I noticed that they offered the civic in black....i would have liked to get my 400 in black, why not offer such a basic colour?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts