MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zs
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people, I used to have a 620SLI auto (loved it) mate had accord LSI. Both had almost exactly the same chassis and the engines were identical. I look at the civic saloon and it almost looks identical to my new 416i bubble! Although engines obviously diff. Does this mean that I can use some civic parts. I.E headlights, (they do nice Halo Projector ones from USA.) I reamember reading that honda and rover at one point had some sort or joining, in terms of engines and chassis when it came to 600 and accord and same with civic saloon and 400 bubble. There is loads of really nice stuff for the civic and if the bodys are the same then surely the parts will fit? any ideas?

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
yes a lot of HONDA civic (1995 5door) parts fit the 400.
Mostly chassis related parts, most body parts like the headlights you want will not fit.

When I need a part, I always check if it's a honda civic compatible one because it's a lot cheaper.
I got my suspention bushes from honda for my 416si at 1/3 the price rover wanted to sell them to me.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
3,679 Posts
A lot of Civic parts fit the 400 mkII, but as mentioned above, they are mainly chassis items. suspension is essentially identical, wheels interchange, as to doors, door handles and most interior trim (400 type R/Sport anyone?)

The biggest differences are the engines and 'boxes, and items changed for the Rover redesign, like lights, grille, bonnet etc.

Good luck,

DD

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Tad said:
When I need a part, I always check if it's a honda civic compatible one because it's a lot cheaper.

LMAO, YEAH RIGHT.

Most the Honda lads get rover nist when they can as the bits actually ARE cheapers.

·
Registered
mg_zs
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No need people, rover.......honda... both good cars. fingers crossed they come out the other side of this administration palarver! :)

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Tad said:
I'm not living in the UK smart guy.

now stop laughing your ass off and think.
So that helps how many UK rover users? Some may go to Honda on your pretense and think they are buying cheaper parts.

Now if you were REALLY SMART you wouldnt even buy Honda or Rover parts but purchase parts from the huge Honda suspension aftermarket industry.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
why the f* am I arguying with you? the guy wants civic headlights, they wont fit the rover. end of story.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts