MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 400 is due a service and with it comes the replacemnt of the old box air filtre i don't really want to increase performance persay i just want the car to maybe sound a bit better and breathe easier any ideas on what i could buy to replace the existing filtre maybe a k and n cone i dunno im a real rookie at this so any advice would be really appreciatd. plus do i have to tell my insurance company if i have mearley exchanged the filtre for somthing similar just looks different? and i have the good old k series engine do i have the metal intake manifold or plastic intake manifold how can i tell what do i have to do to find out

·
Registered
mg_6_magnette
502 Posts
i have been told this so i dont know if it is correct, all 1.4 and 1.4 k-series engines as standard are plastic intake manifolds, look where the feed from the airbox to the engine is going and see if its plastic or metal (im no mechanic though) and if you want a better sound i would go for an enclosed induction kit such as a bmc cda or a piupercross viper but if you dont really want any perfomrance gains then a k & n panel filter should suffice, i will be corrected though if im wrong

·
Registered
14 Posts
I fitted a green cotton filter to my old 216 Si, it was one for the MGF but it fitted straight on no problems, subsequently it sounded the *******s and with a new set of quality plugs went like **** off a stick.

A worthy investment for sure.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
palcebo.

sounds nice but saps power.

stick with a K&N Panel filter and dont forget to tell the insurance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts