MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
rover_25
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Rover 25. 5 dr. the back seats are wet and foot wells, the seat belts are wet when pulled out in the back. the spare wheel well has water inside. the windows got lots of condensation if not used for more than a day. could anyone help, if you can , can you direct me to where i need to look as i no idea of what and where to look etc. if anyone can help, if you have pictures to help me that would be wicked. thanks in advance. Si:wavesanta:

·
Registered
mg_zs
2,852 Posts
water

hi
sorry its a bit late, if you still have this problem look at the rear light seals as water gets into the boot here alot. also look at boot seal, rear door seals and check the rear windows are staying fully closed. my daughter has a little water enetering through her passenger rear door and her rear windows drop a little now and then ( common on these cars with manual windows.
you will get condesation in the car if there is water in boot or rear carpets are wet that is expected.
what to do.
drill a hole in the wheel well to drain water from spare wheel and this will help reduce build up if you cant stop leak.
remove rear lights and check seals, use some silicone sealer on these.
to dry carpet you will need to lift carpets and mop out or use a vacs or similar.
here is a tip to reduce condesation, keep a couple of moisture absorbers. i keep one in the fron and one in the back and car never mists up. you can get these from pound stretcher and they are on offer at asda.
hope this helps i know its a pain when windows are steaming up constantly.
cheers Bren in mountain ash

1 - 2 of 2 Posts