MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have Rover 25 (YM52 reg) fitted wit ha cr-80 cassette player. I am hoping to install a JVC mp3 player (KD-SC900R) could anyone help with what adaptors if any i would need. In the manual for the JVC it says i need a OE remote to use the steering wheels controller, but in the electrical diagram there's a remote lead or power aerial pin on the power block of the iso. Also i have to move the fuse if i'm not using an accessory terinmal in the fuse block (what is this). My connectors on the car seem the same shape as the ones for the JVC but not sure if they need re-wiring as I am not sure of the current set-up. I also have a 20 pin iso connector (think steering wheel but unsure)what should i do with these. If anyone as a wiring diagram for the cr-80 it would be very helpful
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just going by experience here.

When i fitted my stereo i didnt need a wiring harness adaptor for the car (51 r25 1.4). The plug behind is already ISO. If you got the JVC to ISO lead that comes with the stereo itll go straight in. Some r25 i hink have a BMW style connector though, its best to check.

To get your steering wheel remote working you have to fit a kind of interum harness adaptor to make it work. Ive seen them on the internet here and there.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rover-200-25-400-45-600-stering-wheel-adaptor-sony_W0QQitemZ190102096391QQihZ009QQcategoryZ10414QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Its something like this but to fit a JVC instead.

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts