MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help or had the same problem. I have fitted a steering wheel with radio remote to my 25, this is not a standard fitment to my car. And have had fitted a new sony cd player by a well known car accessory shop. They have wired in the remote for me, but the remote does not work like it is ment to, i have no search facility at all, the volume button only decreases the volume while the search button increases the volume. any ideas ?????

·
Registered
734 Posts
Spoke to a guy in Halfords to ask if they could order me in the cables for the steering remote... he was very helpful but told me they would probably not work properly. He mentioned problems he'd had in the past where certain buttons would work in certain situations but he basically told me it probably wouldn't work reliably.

I ignored him and bought the cables from an online place, and they didn't work! Take from that what you will but I doubt you will get a definite answer (or fully working controls!)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imroberts, thanks for answering, it is looking like i am going to have to live with what i have got, at the very least i can control the volume which has to be better than leaning over to turn the radio up or down.
thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts