MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Does anyone know the part number and/or where I can get a replacement clip for the end nearest the boot for the roof seam finisher. Whilst trying to diagnose a water leak I managed to pop the end of the finisher off and can't get it back.
Thanks
Jon

·
Registered
'06 MG ZR +120 (HQM) '04 MG ZR 105 (IAB)
9,379 Posts
Have you actually broken or lost the clip?

It won't just 'pop' back on - you have to push the end of the plastic finisher strip forwards (away from the peg in the seam/gutter) and slide the clip back on to it.

Neither the clip nor the finisher strip complete with clip are available new from XPart any more, so your only real option is to visit a breakers yard if you need a replacement.

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
12,852 Posts
Neither the clip nor the finisher strip complete with clip are available new from XPart any more, so your only real option is to visit a breakers yard if you need a replacement.
If the part numbers I mentioned above are the ones OP is after, then although they might not be available through XPart they are available as Land Rover parts since older Land Rover used same parts.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all for your replies.
I've attached a pic of the clip. It just fell off when I lifted the finished. Can it be reused? I've googled the part now above but doesn't seem to be either of those.
20210504_134229.jpg

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
12,852 Posts
I've attached a pic of the clip. It just fell off when I lifted the finished. Can it be reused? I've googled the part now above but doesn't seem to be either of those.
View attachment 136596
No, part numbers I provided are not for that. Then as MitC said, no longer available. However, by the look of the clip it might be reused, but you need to see the state of the end of the finisher to which it should mount. If in good shape, then maybe you can reuse it.

·
Registered
rover_400_95_99
68 Posts
View attachment 136596
I've just refitted one of mine. I carefully reformed the four spikes so that they fitted around the finishing strip and recrimped the clip to the strip with a pair of pliers. Make sure that the rounded end of the slot is facing towards the end of the strip. To refit the strip, engage the clip over the peg in the gutter, which will leave a hump in the middle of the strip, then slide the strip home by pressing the hump down. It's a lot easier than it sounds!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts