MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ON GOING SAGA WITH ROVER 25.

Not sure if this a common problem but my Rover 25 went in for a head gasket replacement only to be returned with engine warning(yellow dash light) on and a mis fire when cold , also sometimes when hot.
Have been told by Nationwide AutoCentres who did gasket that the mis fire is due to an oxygen censor for the cat converter that needs replacing. Some sort of electical devise which will cost around 200 quid. Does this sound correct. ????

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Very possibly, but then it could be one of a dozen other things. Its very hard to say.

Can you describe the problem in more detail.

To be honest, if it didnt mis-fire before you gave it to the garage and now it is, id say it is their resposibility to sort the problem out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rover 25 Mis Fire

Can really add much more to it. They said they put it on the diagnostic thing which gave them the reading to give a diagnosis so what can i say to them. But like you said if it was not doing it before why is it doing it now unless they cocked something up doing the gasket replaement.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
What I suggest you do, is start this thread again in the Ask the Guru's section. Loads more people go in there, some real brainy types.

Just copy your first post and start a new thread and paste it in there. Will stop you having to type it out again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts