MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
rover_25
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok little bit confused, and people are telling me many differeny things so need to get this straight!

My JBL 75.2 amp needs obviously a REM (remote) wire to turn it on when the stereo comes on, where do i attach this too?

I have take my head unit out (Panansonic R195 or something) to have a look at the back and there is the block of cables that goes in the back of the HU and 2 spare ones not connected! One is brown and the other orange? Could it be one of these i need to connect my REM wire to for my amp?

OR do i need to (as a man in a car retail shop) tells me: attach the REM to a spare wire you "might" have near your igntion?

Anyone help me out please am well confused now lol ( btw my first install )

·
Registered
119 Posts
You can either connect it up to your live wire to your cigerette lighter which i have done and put a switch in to turn amp on and off or there should be a blue wire behind headunit labled electric antanna or somthing simmiler.

·
Registered
rover_25
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there is a blue wire yes but it currently goes into the back of the head unit? how would i attach a wire from the amp to it? i would rather it came on with the stereo ideally! (do u lose the function of the ciggarate lighter by doing it the way you have?)

·
Registered
rover_25
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its a Panasonic RD195 - and on the back as pre-outs marked "rear" so presumably YES!? Cant find any info about the HU not on pansonics website at all!

So where do i need to link the REM up to? Car's wiring or HU's wiring? and if so how!

·
Registered
119 Posts
You should be able to connect it to the blue wire it should have 12 volts going though it if you got a test light or volt meter. You can still use cigerette lighter if wired to it but i always turn the switch off first if i need to use it and have you got a remote wire if not you can use any decent wire.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts