MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, im looking at gettin a Rover 25GTI this weekend BUT need to find out a few things b4 i part with my hard earnt cash..

I looked on the glass guide and it says its 126bhp? i thought it was like the ZR160 with the same ammount of horses?

If someone could let me know abit more info on this that would be great :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ahhh makes sense i suppose Thanks! wanted the 160bhp ver thow :( been looking for a ZR forever.. lol but this i can get for £2800 on an X plate, worth it?

Plus would it be easily upgraded to just under 200bhp quite easily?

·
Registered
15,938 Posts
for 200bhp you're looking at full exhaust with sports cat/decat, cams, good enclosed filter, headwork, good plugs and leads and probably emerald engine management with throttle bodies, 200bhp o na K series doesn't come cheap, you should be able to get 170bhp reasonably simply tho

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thx for the replys, yeah i do like the 25gti. i goin for it anyway - will be gettin the zorst and enclosed air filter for it. soooo :)

Will post some pics on sat and off we go with the light mods :evil: hehe

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had mine now for about a month or so and I gotta say, love her to bits.... and lotsa fun to drive too... nice to have a 0-60 of 7.8 secs too

·
Registered
585 Posts
rover 25 gti is exactly same as 200 vi - own both and both are 143bhp

prefer the 25 seats and front/rear

but then again the vi is the ORIGINAL!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh i more thing, i went to halfords today to get a haynes manual for my new gti :) but the only one they have excludes the ZR160 and 25GTI!? anyone got the 1.8vvc gti version?

·
Registered
933 Posts
Resonance said:
Oh i more thing, i went to halfords today to get a haynes manual for my new gti :) but the only one they have excludes the ZR160 and 25GTI!? anyone got the 1.8vvc gti version?
The only one available is the one for the smaller Rover/MG's

It is still lots of info there but it obviously does not cover the VVC engine and one must be selective about using the info on the brake disks etc.

Looks like a very nice car you have.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Nice looking motor...

am about a month into my 2000 (W) 25 gti now and am very pleased with it :)

Notice that yours has the 'big' spoiler on the back? - Is that original to the Gti's as mine has the small one... :eek:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts