MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new O/S front suspension damper for my 2002 Rover 25 1.6 manual. I would like to get a genuine Rover part, however I am not sure what part number I need.

The label on the damper on my car has part number: RND 105970, however I believe this number is for the whole spring and damper assembly as supplied to Longbridge as a complete unit. The part number for the actual damper is different - but I can’t see it.
Is there a list or does anyone know?

I am seeing a lot of used dampers with part number RND 105960 (which is also the complete spring/damper unit number).
Does any one know the difference between these two?..............RND 105960 and RND 105970?

·
Registered
'06 MG ZR +120 (HQM) '04 MG ZR 105 (IAB)
9,204 Posts
According to this post by norfie elsewhere on the forum (R25/ZR springs and dampers) the actual damper is the same for all petrol versions of the 25 (apart from the GTi), and it is only the springs that differ.

From looking at the parts list for the Rover 25 front suspension individual components, I think it might be the case that RND105960 was for cars without air conditioning, and RND105970 with a slightly longer spring for cars with air conditioning fitted (and therefore slightly heavier at the front end). The actual damper will be the same in both part numbers, which should be RND106030: R25 petrol front spring

1 - 2 of 2 Posts