MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
rover_25
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my rover 25 1.4 recently broke down due to me leaving lights on and the battery went dead , so i got a friend to come and put jump leads on the car , we got it started and now on the odd occasion, when i start car the cooling fan under bonnet will come on and stay on for the whole of the journey until i knock key off?

it doesnt do it all the time just sum days?

what cud it be as it only started since jump leads went on the car to start it???

·
Never forgotten
16,723 Posts
Check the coolant temperature sensor connection as the fan will come on if it does not make contact. Pull the plug off and spray with switch cleaner.

The coolant temperature sensor is the larger one of the two on the coolant outlet elbow on the front of the cylinder head.

·
Registered
rover_25
305 Posts
aziljesani did you find the cause?

I know this is an old post but this exactly happen to my car and I'm struggling to solve it.

Car is a 25 2.0 TD, 2001 and last weekend the battery went flat, probably because I was testing a new car stereo.

I had jump started with another car and since then, sometimes the fan kicks in as soon as I put the key in 1st or 2st position (I'm not remember exactly which) even without starting the car. In addition there one time the fan kicked while driven and when I stopped and turned off the car the engine wasn't working smoothly and there was a delay when I turn off the car. The car didn't turn off right away, It took like 1 ou 2 seconds. There was one time the car didn't start also. It started only at 3rd time. Not normal at all.

I'm not sure if these symptoms are all related but they all started since the battery went flat and I jumped started with other car. During the process, I made a mistake and touch for a brief second the clamps with caused a spark. I thought it could had damaged something but too much coincidence two different cars with the same symptoms after jump starting with other car.

Right now the car is in the workshop and they say they will change the temperature sensores and some relays, but right now, while reading this post I'm not sure if it will solve anything.

I ran diagnostics and it returned

P0562 Battery voltage low, signal out of range, too low
P0215 Solenoid valve shut off, signal out of range, too high

First is for sure related with the battery going flat. The second I have no idea. I never saw that error before and it didn't came up again after driving the car for some time.

Anyone has a clue what can it be? Maybe the ECU went crazy and it's some kind of calibration?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts