MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only had my Rover 25 1.8 for a week or so, and I noticed that it seems to startup fine, but if I sit there with it idling, the whole car is chugging back and forth and it sounds like it's going to stall.
The revs were only at 1k rpm so it couldn't have been that cold. I also noticed tonight when I started it and left it for a minute to idle to see what was happening, the headlights were dimming slightly in time with the chugging
After I have driven it till the engine warms up and then I stop and leave it to idle, it seems fine.
Is this normal? Or does it sound like something is wrong?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
wow that is spooky that is exactly what my newly aquired 25 1.8IL Steptronic has been doing. It is in the work shop they will be changing tomorrow, the lambda sensor and the plugs.

Whats the age/milage?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a Y reg 2001, my Dad purchased it 3 years ago with 7k miles on the clock, and since then has done 10k, so it only has 17k on the clock. It had a full service last July, and has only done about 3k miles since then, so I wouldn't expect anything like the plugs need doing.
Let me know if you get it sorted, cheers!

·
Registered
7 Posts
even stanger mine is y reg 2001 but mine has got 25K on it. full service history with last one 2000 miles ago, yours isnt gold is it???? lol

Any way will let you know what the workshop say

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just another thing to check, to see if it's related to it, does yours also slightly kangaroo jump when you slow down and come to a stop at junctions?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts