MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all!
i have a 2001 y plate 25. the clock in the centre of the dash has 'lost' its light. the clock functions fine in the day - but in the dark when the lights are on its still dark
BUST BULB i hear u scream! Just how do u get to it? i tried pulling the casing using my fingers which only made my fingers sore - which lead me to pull at other things - so i removed the air vents just below the clock. (that came off V easy) I noticed a screw hidden above the vent on the left hand side - is this the screw i need to undo before making another attampt at the casing??

basically - how do i replace the bulb
everything else works fine so i have resisted fiddlin with fuses

cheers in advance

·
Registered
434 Posts
put a thin blade screw driver under the surround, and twiddle it while gentally pulling at the top - this is how i get mine off, as i have the save problem.

once its off, unscrew the two screws holding the clock in and then unplug from behind, the light bulb is in the center - use a flat blade to twist and it will then drop out.

It's finding a replacment that is the hard part, as they all seem to be missing at the local breakers!

still waiting on one to fix mine!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers!
i managed to get the surround off no problems - the clock came off in a flash (just had to make sure not to loose the screws!)
I've removed the bulb from the back - just need to buy a replacement now!

many thanks again
cheers

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
went to a local motor spares - best £1.1o i've spent in a long time!
i can now drive at night and smile since i know what time it is - i can get home within my ASBO curfew hours!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts