MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone no how much a relay and front passenger door motor cost? and where best to get one? its for a rover 25 1.4i

thanks

sue

·
Registered
rover_25
37 Posts
I've just been quoted £109 + VAT from a local X-part dealer.
They do turn up on e-bay sometimes for around £40-£80, make sure it's the right year for your car. After 2002 the wiring is different for super locking, I know 'cos numpty here bought a 2001 motor for a 2003 25!:banghead:

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've just been quoted £109 + VAT from a local X-part dealer.
They do turn up on e-bay sometimes for around £40-£80, make sure it's the right year for your car. After 2002 the wiring is different for super locking, I know 'cos numpty here bought a 2001 motor for a 2003 25!:banghead:
I just bought one that was promised as super-locking but was not.

It's actually the super-locking feature that was broken in mine, and I suspect that's the case in 95% of all noisy locks. I pulled mine appart (pretty easy to do) and removed the extra loose piece of plastic and spring that forms the "super-lock". The noise comes from an extra electric motor (that could be dissabled) which spins to engage a plastic arm into the teeth of one of the main plastic cogs (not very super if you ask me). I've left mine to whine, but at least I know no damage is being done.

·
Registered
rover_25
37 Posts
I think you're right about the super locking.
The weird thing is, mine's stopped making the noise since Saturday!:wtf:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just bought one that was promised as super-locking but was not.

It's actually the super-locking feature that was broken in mine, and I suspect that's the case in 95% of all noisy locks. I pulled mine appart (pretty easy to do) and removed the extra loose piece of plastic and spring that forms the "super-lock". The noise comes from an extra electric motor (that could be dissabled) which spins to engage a plastic arm into the teeth of one of the main plastic cogs (not very super if you ask me). I've left mine to whine, but at least I know no damage is being done.
Ive got the same problem. Had the NS replaced but now the OS is doing it. If i disbale the super locking will the central locking system still work? If so what does the not so super super locking do :hollie:

·
Registered
734 Posts
Ive got the same problem. Had the NS replaced but now the OS is doing it. If i disbale the super locking will the central locking system still work? If so what does the not so super super locking do :hollie:
Problem is once the superlocking has broken there are loose bits "floating" around inside the central locking assembly. This is what causes the grinding noise and it's only a matter of time before the entire lock packs in and you're stuck unable to get into your car.

I would get it replaced before it's too late. Unfortunately I had to replace both of my front locks last year :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts