MG-Rover.org Forums banner

rover 25 1400 with 84 hp!!

3K views 31 replies 9 participants last post by  chiefgilray 
#1 ·
Hello I Am Greek For That Sorry For My Bad English.......
I Have One Rover 25 1400 With 84 Hp And I Wont Update My Engine In 103 Hp,i Think I Have Same Engine With The Engine 103 Hp Only In The Injection Have One Little Difference?is Really Same This Two Engine?

#6 ·
mark cleland said:
i would presume the difference to be

1.4 8v single point injection.....84ps
1.4 16v multi point injection 103ps

anyone concurr or correct....

in short you have an 8 valve and the more powerful is a 16valve

ps your english is better than some on here

:)
No, the difference is a restircted throttle body. I dont think you can get the 1400 8v in a 25.

#7 ·
my engine is with 16v same that 103hp!!

mark cleland said:
i would presume the difference to be
my engine have 16 v and is optical same with the engine 103 hp
1.4 8v single point injection.....84ps
1.4 16v multi point injection 103ps

anyone concurr or correct....

in short you have an 8 valve and the more powerful is a 16valve

ps your english is better than some on here

:)

my engine have 16 v and is optical same with the engine 103 hp

#21 ·
You CAN take off the plastic part to allow the throttle body to open all the way, but to make the full power you must get a new throttle body that is not restricted and the cable for the accelerator.

Private message to me your chassis number, as I think that all the automatic cars are full (103) power. I can tell you if I know your chassis number.

(I can speak English, French, Italian and German but Greek - it's all, well, Greek to me)

I don't count Ulster-Scots as it's a made-up language like Irish

#26 ·
Francais?moi Aussi

ashmicro said:
You CAN take off the plastic part to allow the throttle body to open all the way, but to make the full power you must get a new throttle body that is not restricted and the cable for the accelerator.

Private message to me your chassis number, as I think that all the automatic cars are full (103) power. I can tell you if I know your chassis number.

(I can speak English, French, Italian and German but Greek - it's all, well, Greek to me)

I don't count Ulster-Scots as it's a made-up language like Irish
J AI DEJA VERIFIER MON NUMERO DE CHASSI J AI VRAIMENT 84 PS.DONC MAINTENAT QUE J AI CASSER LE PLASTIC JE N AI PAS 103PS???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.