MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
i've searched the previous posts and found them usefl to an extent,
i've located my speed pulse wire above the gearbox in the engine compartment, but was hoping to wire the speed pulse up directly from the instrument panel inside the car.

I got the instrument panel disassembled very easily, but when i checked behind, there were only 2 wire oing into my speedometer, red and black, but no white and orange wire??

i have an Alpine INA-N333RS nav head unit, and it requires a speed pulse connection before i can access any of the navigation menus, as its some sort of safety feature not to let you into any of the main menus whilst driving.
And without a speed pulse i think the unit thinks the car is moving.
any idea where i could connect the speed pulse line behind the dash instrument panel connectors?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dr Dave said:
Replied as per PM
still having trouble,
attached the speed pulse lead to the 3 pin connector in the engine but still not working,
getting the message on my alpine head unit saying that the main menu cannot be accessed whilst driving...

·
Registered
91 Posts
alpine units wont let you access menus while moving, to tell it you're not moving it needs to be wired into the handbrake. when the handbrake is on it grounds the unit and allows full access. many people simply wire the cable cuming out of the unit saying "handbrake" directly to an earth point, then all menus are always available. the speed pulse goes into a totally different wire. Make sure the brake wire is either connected to the handbrake switch under the hand brake lever, or earthed, and the correct wire is connected to the speed pulse generator.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts