MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

sorry for my english, but i want to ask few questions.

1) I want to increase more power / speed on first and second gear. May i put other gearbox ect. 1.8 engine? or 1.4 engine?
2) Maybe know where i can buy pair of gear with better ratio ?
3) How can i increase power of engine without change everything inside?

This car runs in autocross

Thank you, for answer

·
Registered
'06 MG ZR +120 (HQM) '04 MG ZR 105 (IAB)
9,586 Posts
I don't really know the answer to this, but your 2004 Rover 25 will be fitted with the Getrag-Ford IB5 gearbox. I am unsure what the difference between the version fitted to the 25 and the one fitted to the 1.4 MG ZR is, but that may be worth looking into.

The PG1 gearbox fitted to the 1.8 VVC cars I think had shorter ratios than the one fitted to the non-VVC 1.8, but either of them would require swapping gear linkages and driveshafts fit to your car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't really know the answer to this, but your 2004 Rover 25 will be fitted with the Getrag-Ford IB5 gearbox. I am unsure what the difference between the version fitted to the 25 and the one fitted to the 1.4 MG ZR is, but that may be worth looking into.

The PG1 gearbox fitted to the 1.8 VVC cars I think had shorter ratios than the one fitted to the non-VVC 1.8, but either of them would require swapping gear linkages and driveshafts fit to your car.
at the moment i'm thinking to put gearbox from 1.4L 76kw engine. Maybe i win some power or speed on first ant second gear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts