MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
My rear for lights are not working even after replacing the switch. please can anybody provide a simple fix? The ECU is very difficult to get to in order to change the rear fog light relay, since my 2005 Rover 2005 1.4 GLi has air con fitted behind the passenger glove box. Another possibility is that the front fog lights are not a legal requirement to pass the MOT for a 2005 car, so I could wire the back fog lights live feed to the engine fuse box (fuse 6) after removing the front fog lights live feed wire. Can anybody please advise on the best solution you may have undertaken.
I believe many people have the same issue on a Rover 25 with the rear fog lights not working, so any feedback will help many people on this matter.

Kind Regards

Chris

Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
You posted in wrong section. Section you choose is Forum Support section which serves for helping on members password, login support, account support or any other forum software question.

Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
Your question is visible to all members of this site where it stands right now. This is the best place for all members that still visit this site to see it. If they have any information and they are willing to share it they can.
You just need to be aware that we ahve members that did not visit this site for a very long time like 5, 7, 10 years or much more. Technicaly they are still members but not sure they will come to this site anymore after all this time.

Registered
rover_sd1
Lift the boot lid, you will find a rubber flexi Joint. The tail lights Wires break at this point. It is a simple task to fix with connectors and a bit of extra wire.. The problem is quite common.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi,
On my Rover 25 1.4 GLI 2005 the wiring that goes via the rubber flex joints on the top of the back boot hatch are for the back windscreen wiper, back window heater and top of back boot stop lamp. I had a previous Rover 25 2003 and my back windscreen wiper was not working and it was due to a wire break within the the back boot rubber flex joint.

Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts