MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10,203 Posts
Well done for stripping some of the bits off. Shame it's not a three door as I would be very tempted.

Good luck with the sale

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well done for stripping some of the bits off. Shame it's not a three door as I would be very tempted.

Good luck with the sale
Im suprised by that as personally I think a 200 5dr looks much better than a 3dr, the 3dr looks naked to me!! I would normally have a 3dr and in fact our two other cars are 3dr but both think the rover looks much better compared to the 3dr version! Just shows my taste though is not the same as everyone elses which is a good thing otherwise things would be very booring!!!!

·
Registered
10,203 Posts
Im suprised by that as personally I think a 200 5dr looks much better than a 3dr, the 3dr looks naked to me!! I would normally have a 3dr and in fact our two other cars are 3dr but both think the rover looks much better compared to the 3dr version! Just shows my taste though is not the same as everyone elses which is a good thing otherwise things would be very booring!!!!
I know what you mean - I would tend to agree that the five door looks more balanced. Three doors are sportier and I'm not old enough yet to not be able to use the excuse!

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
I know what you mean - I would tend to agree that the five door looks more balanced. Three doors are sportier and I'm not old enough yet to not be able to use the excuse!
5 doors are more practical, than 3 doors.

You know you want it, as per my 'demonstration' yesterday!!!

Don't be door-ist, or is that door-ism??!!!

Cheers
Skelo

·
Registered
rover_45
62 Posts
rover

Hi,what sort of mpg do you get with the mods on the engine,can the gear knob be changed and any head gasket problems have you had or has it had the gasket replaced,and cam belt.

Cheers

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MPG is an average but on a long motorway run it can get as high as 60, yes the gear knob can be changed and no head gasket problems. These engines are built like a rock and head gasket problems are very uncommon! The cam belt wasnt changed when we replaced the engine as it looked like it had been replaced very recently and shouldnt need changing for around another 2-3 years

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You can often trace them if you use a little bit of imagination and can spare a few minutes. ;)
Ive tryed long and hard but cant trace them!! Id of thought being as my phone number was in the listing they may have tryed to ring, but havnt!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Are you talking about the "positivemi***" bidder?

Your point about the 'phone number is valid, though. If they were really interested they would probably have called. But, then again, they might have assumed that, because their offer received no response, you considered it unacceptable.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Im after one of these as a second car for getting up and down the motorway, price is too high though. whats the lowest you can do.
Cheers

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I aint getting any intrest from autotrader although the scammers are having a field day from the looks of my junk mail box!!!! Its not doing me any good sat there and only gets used about twice a week just to basically keep everything working so im open to any offers now!

Going to get the missus to take it to work next week I think as it will be in a large carkpark where about two thousand people work so it bound to tickle someones fancy there!!!

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
To be fair, i really do think that the gear knob is putting people off. As that is making it look like a boy racers car, so obviously thinking (probably wrongly tho) that the car has been thrashed to death.

Make the effort of removing the knob, and stick a standard one on, this WILL make it look more attractive to 'normal' buyers.

Cheers
Skelo

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Selling the car is prooving like waiting for a bloody bus, wait ages for one to come and then they all come at once!! ive had since thurs afternoon over 10 different e mails and calls from people wanting to view the car but I had to ask them to phone me back late lastnight as I had taken a £50 deposit. The guy came thurs morning and fell in love with it so gave me the deposit and said he would be back sat afternoon with his boss to pick it up which I thought was great!

Well his boss looked around for about 5 mins but then basically turned round and said he aint having it and could he have his deposit back as they wanted to go and have a look at another car but that they may come back later if the others no good! well im sure you can think what I told him about his money so they left very unhappy!!! Must have been that gear knob that put him off:oops:

I have found the standard one and it fits so its in the glovebox so people can choose which one they want!!!

Skelo: Thanks very much mate for putting a link in the wanted section to amins post, hes traveling down later this morn to come and view the car and he 99% sure he will have it and drive it away so cheers mate. It will be really nice if he does buy it coz it will be really nice to keep it on the forums!!

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
Skelo: Thanks very much mate for putting a link in the wanted section to amins post, hes traveling down later this morn to come and view the car and he 99% sure he will have it and drive it away so cheers mate. It will be really nice if he does buy it coz it will be really nice to keep it on the forums!!

No problem mate, mines a pint!! :broon:

This is what .org is all about, helping each other.

Cheers
Skelo

1 - 20 of 20 Posts