MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I take it out, The pannel in front on the front passenger as I wish to cover it with carbon fibre and it will be easier to do if I can take it out. Is it glued or are there cathces?? I really don't want to snap it in half trying to take it off.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
3,479 Posts
It is just pressed in by spring clips.

Use a wide bladed screw driver and careful not to damage the dash (maybe put card behind the screwdriver to protect the dash) or the best one is a wall paper striper as this is nice and wide so it doesn't dent the dash. Start at the corner near the passenger side window and work your way along, once you can get your hand behind it, you can use your hand to prise it out from then on. The wood, yes it is real wood is quite thick and can take a bit of bending. I think I may still have my original somewhere as I bought a spare incase it went wrong. :D

I did it in my coupe turbo and covered it in cream leather. The wood had to be shaved down a bit as with the leather wrapped around it, it made it slightly thicker and thus made it too tight to fit back in. If your using the carbon fil stuff, you should be OK as its quite thin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts