MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am selling my Rover 218 VVC Coupe in BRG, it is a 1997 on a 'P' plate. As you will see in the pics below, this is a very, very good clean car. I still think they are possibly the prettiest coupe ever made :D

Current mileage is only 72,790. It is MOT'd until Feb 11th 2011 and is taxed till the end of Sept 2010. Comes with FSH.

The car has had two former keepers, the 1st one for 10 years. The car has Full leather interior which has NO tears, just the gentle patina of age!...also equipped with A/C. I have fitted MG ZR 16" hairpins, along with rover centre caps. It also has a Momo leather gearknob, which is a vast improvement on the ugly original one :)....also has custom coupe fitted mats front and rear. I have fitted new front discs and pads at christmas and a new radiator. There is no rust on the the rear quarters, tail gate or round the spoiler as I have had all this work done. It also has the bag (rare!!) for the roof panels when you take them off.

The VVC engine is a real peach that just wants to go ;)....rated at 145 bhp as standard, I've been told by the owners club that if a cold air feed kit is fitted, they hit 170 bhp really easy :eek:

The car is located near Milton Keynes. I am offering for sale elsewhere ( currently 25 watchers on ebay and has bids!!). £895 . This is a 100% genuine car so please dont take the P**s :)

.....thanks Lee

·
Registered
34,938 Posts
MOT'd this morning!!!.....2 advisories, slight play in o/s steering pivot joint & minor leak in exhaust....but fu**ed if I can hear one.

No tat on this Tomcat :broon:.....it is a VERY good example :)
My SO would strangle me if I brought another piece of CLASS home.

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Also want to add, the roof does NOT leak. The service history is supplying dealer, so shouldn't need a cambelt change for another 2 years ish. IIRC belts are every 5 years or 60K whichever is first.

·
Banned
3,451 Posts
That is a really nice looking car, proper CLASS from when they made them right too.
Would match my ZTT and F at treat, shame I cant store it anywhere. Good luck with the sale, it needs another caring owner.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hi Lee, that is one lovely motor, If I sell the TF I may be banging on your door mate, I had one about 6 years ago and regreted selling it. You dont see them in that condition and low miles much these days. I dont mean this in a bad way but I hope you dont sell it (not before I sell mine anyway)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts