MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, sorry for my english... I post here because I have a big, big problem. I own a Rover 216 SI ... year 1996 , 1,6 16V engine .... since 2 months I have a problem with it... when it get's a little warm... when I push the gas pedal ... it looses power ... like it want's to die.... that under turation of 2500-3000 rpm.... it goes but like looses power... and sometimes ... in standing.. whgen I just start the engine and let it go without to move the car... the turation variers... from 1000 to 1200 or it dies like looses power... I was with it at the shop and they told me that the sparks are the problem... ok... now to days ago.. again... same problems .. but suddently it dies.... and won't start... I looked up, and the problem is that there is a distributor cap... and is a little broken... now I got new sparks.... and a new cap.... changed them.... and same problem... it won't start .... at the main wire at the distributor cap .... the centre one ... I have current ... but I won't get current at the sparks... and the wires are OK.... what could be the problem? it just won't start.... fuel comes to the engine.... everithing Ok... the only problem is that current goes into the distributor cap... but it doesn't get to the sparks ... can someone identify what the problem is? Sparks and distributor cap care now changed... Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts