MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,just wondering if anyones got a chipped ecu for a sohc d16 engine basically iv read the turbo d16 stuff but would like to keep mine naturally aspirated if i can.I was kinda hoping just to get an extra bit of power as iv already fitted an induction kit, stainless steel manifold and downpipe had the head skimmed fitted a backbox luckly mine is a 91 so is pre cat so iv done what i can i think.does anyone know of a place where you can get a fast road cam for these as maybe that might be another option i would be glad of any advice so please if you can.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah iv had a look but theres not alot on there for me really but thanks for the info,i was kinda hoping that they made a cam for this engine or maybe someone has already got the stuff o map these ecus.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
There is someone on here that can socket your original ecu for you, but i'm pretty sure any chips/maps need to be for ODBII.

JonnyCoupe will be able to help i'm sure.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how do i convert to ODB11 though is it possible also how much does jonnycoupe charge to socket an ecu?surely someone would have some kind of data logged maps.

·
Registered
62 Posts
You can get the ecu socketed and then rell time mapped with a laptop and a wideband o2 sensor, look on here for someone who can do it or on the crx uk forum. As for a cam, nobody makes them here, but I had mine reprofiled by Piper through Mike Tanski at ferriday engineering in Stafford.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok mate thanks for the advice when you say the cam was re profiled does that mean the cam lobes are just heightned slightly or am i totally wrong?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts