MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can i obtain a service manual that contains any info regarding roof mechanism. Either internet or Hard copy would be of help.
Problem is - very noisy roof, very slow(sometimes stopping) when opening or closing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
216 Cabriolet 1996

The roof is very slow to go up and down. I have purchased some Unipart Hood Fluid but I am not sure how to insert the fluid into the pump. Can anyone help please? Had expected to find bn ootle in boot with a filling nipple and also hoped for attachment on can to suit. However it looks like the b ottle and associated bits have to be taken out for refilling. Any helpful info will be appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sharron said:
The roof is very slow to go up and down. I have purchased some Unipart Hood Fluid but I am not sure how to insert the fluid into the pump. Can anyone help please? Had expected to find bn ootle in boot with a filling nipple and also hoped for attachment on can to suit. However it looks like the bottle and associated bits have to be taken out for refilling. Any helpful info will be appreciated.
I am sure someone out there has the answer and will help a poor damsel in distress.

·
Registered
21 Posts
you want to look at where the roof slides up and down cause on mine was a bit loose but i greased it up and then if i put the rear windows down when i raise or lower it then it should be ok

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi to top up the roof fluid the filler plug is on the left hand side of the unit just above the resovoir as you face the unit. It is removed with a 13mm socket or spanner.
The unit is on the left hand side of the boot behind the trim cover and can be refilled without removing the unit with a narrow tube.

Dazz

I can email a photo showing position of plug if anyone needs it.

contact me at [email protected]

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi to top up the roof fluid the filler plug is on the left hand side of the unit just above the resovoir as you face the unit. It is removed with a 13mm socket or spanner.
The unit is on the left hand side of the boot behind the trim cover and can be refilled without removing the unit with a narrow tube.

Dazz

I can email a photo showing position of plug if anyone needs it.

contact me at [email protected]
here is the photo requested

1 - 9 of 9 Posts