MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently after going through a big pothole my car has started pulling to the left, the steering also feels different allthough I cant really describe it, if feels easier to turn the wheel left than right. The car doenst noticalbly pull to the left unless you are goin over 60 and takes a while to start pulling to the left but the onger you leave it the more it pulls if you get me. Also when on full lock the wheel doesnt want to straighten itself out it would stay like that and I would go round and round in circles if i didnt straighten it.

Also had the tracking checked and it is all spot on apparently

Anyone got any ideas as to what the problem could be?

Cheers Harry

·
Registered
919 Posts
mine is suffering from this, easier to turn left than right etc.

the nearside front wheel is sitting too far towards the rear of the car (its about an inch/inch and a half off centre) but the tracking is fine. its annoying as there is a big gap between the wheel and the front bumper :(

the driveshaft on that side is also slightly out as a result, although has never caused any issues.

new suspension components for me then! :(

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok so how much am I looking at for a new wishbone and how much do you reckon a garage will charge to fit it?

·
Registered
919 Posts
hazzaboy69 said:
ok so how much am I looking at for a new wishbone and how much do you reckon a garage will charge to fit it?
no idea but it should be an easy repair to make, so labour costs wont be too bad.

ive never had mine done as it doesnt really pull to one side, just looks odd

·
Registered
434 Posts
I too have this problem with my Rover 216si

hmmm common fault? Or crash victums?

I thought it might be because of the caliper on the left hand side, as it sticks a bit and sqeals slightly when driving for a few miles.

any ideas?

·
Registered
919 Posts
Mr Flibble said:
I too have this problem with my Rover 216si

hmmm common fault? Or crash victums?

I thought it might be because of the caliper on the left hand side, as it sticks a bit and sqeals slightly when driving for a few miles.

any ideas?
i am a slow speed crash victim, all that was damaged was front nearside wing and headlight, got that replaced and now the wheel is not central in the arch. took me ages to notice it tho :(

·
Registered
434 Posts
just the other week someone at work reversed out into me, did a litle near side damage, but nothing near the scale that would casue that surely?

I think it used to pull before that anyway!

Is that doing to be okay for an MOT, coming up very soon :eek:

·
Registered
919 Posts
did u get it sorted? a garage is replacing my front link arm on monday as its bent out of shape towards the ball joint end. £31 + vat then about half an hour to fit they reckon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts