MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I have now owned my 1995 rover 214 sei for about a year and a half, and I am so impressed with the car, it never fails to impress me.

I recently took the motor for its MOT, and flew straight through, the car has only had a few bits and pieces sorted whilst I have owned it- for example

-replacement petrol tank (common failure due to rust on 1995 cars)
-2 new front tyres and tracking
-crankshaft sensor
-dizzy cap
-inlet manifold gasket

And thats it. The car has an immaculate interior, clean glossy body work and has never been welded, and is structurally very sound. I have recently started commuting in it 40 miles each way and has just done 75K this week.

just out of interest, what would I expect to get for the car in a private sale? The car has always been serviced every 6 months and I am just about to waxoil the underneath, wheel arches etc. It has the usual half leather, alloys, elec windows and sunroof, and is a 5 door, in BRG.

How many other people use their 200 for commuting? Just wondered how reliable they find theirs?

Cheers

·
Registered
16,488 Posts
The SEi is arguably one of the best of the standard 1989-95 Rover 200 hatches ever produced. Especially nice in a charcoal grey, red, tahiti blue, or BRG:) What colour is yours?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ROVER 214 sei

Hi

Mine is in BRG, (the all colour one, not the two tone grey version)

They are a great spec, really classy with the walnut cappings and half leather, I got one because I always liked the 216GSi version from the early 90s, with the full leather etc, and realised that the SEi has the high spec/ 220GTi trimmings in an insurance friendly package!

Quite nippy, too for a 1.4 16v!

Cheers

·
Registered
mini_the_real_one
11,237 Posts
i loved mine to bits. it did have its list of problems, but never ceased to amaze me how much value for money it was :)

Here's a pic, but before i sold it, it had a laguna splitter too

·
Registered
484 Posts
Wow Steve220, never knew you owned a 214 SEi before, since I've been on this forum I've only ever heard and seen the 220 Turbo. Did it go to someone good in the end? any regrets over selling it....maybe a small tear in the eye?

·
Registered
16,488 Posts
Quite nippy, too for a 1.4 16v!
yes, 103bhp out of a 1.4 has always been one of the K-series triumphs, and despite from the HGF issues AFFECTING CARS BUILT FROM LATE 1995 a little more, this is the most popular variant.

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
MGR_Petrolhead said:
yes, 103bhp out of a 1.4 has always been one of the K-series triumphs, and despite from the HGF issues AFFECTING CARS BUILT FROM LATE 1995 a little more, this is the most popular variant.
its not 103 bhp

ITS 103 Ps

about 94 BHP

im sick of people getting this mixed up !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
16,488 Posts
Apologies for my mistake then:)

I always thought that PS was very similar to the rate of horsepower generated, just a german variation. I am wrong then :irked:

we are all here to learn.

·
Registered
mini_the_real_one
11,237 Posts
Dat_Man said:
Wow Steve220, never knew you owned a 214 SEi before, since I've been on this forum I've only ever heard and seen the 220 Turbo. Did it go to someone good in the end? any regrets over selling it....maybe a small tear in the eye?

oh yes :) back in my early days :D (can say that now i've just turned 23 :D :lol: ) I had it for just under a year and loved it. It went to a lad called Stu (stu2k3) and he soon enough planted it into a lampost and then go it re-built. Car just kept on going lol. Only regret i had was the fuel consumption, as it was the last car i owned before i became more pally with the people at the local shell garage :lol:

Did my own boot build in the car as well as create the mk3 dash tutorial using it. Lots of little subtle mods to it too (rear upper spoiler, GTi bits, fading interior light MFU, MGF rear view mirror etc).

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
Master Yoda said:
its not 103 bhp

ITS 103 Ps

about 94 BHP

im sick of people getting this mixed up !!!!!!!!
No, its 101bhp actually

I'm sick of people getting this mixed up :eyes:

·
Registered
mini_the_real_one
11,237 Posts
tanvir said:
R3 interior??

I thought the only R8's with those were post 1996 Tourers, Tomcats and Cabbys!

R8? R3? its a 200 mate ;) i don't give a rats gonad what the chassis name/project name is.

Do some searches for mk3 dash conversion, my name and my tutorial pops up a lot these days ;) My SEi was modded quite a fair bit. The spec was quite a read at the time :) not as good as some now, but for the time i did it, it had a lot on it :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts