MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Here's one on ebay that should be fine:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rover-200-Bubble-shape-Bonnet-release-Cable-assy_W0QQitemZ130088198811QQihZ003QQcategoryZ10414QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

As for ease of fitting... Well, it's not something I have personally done, but I wouldn't say it would be that hard. The ebay example above comes with the release handle attatched, which is simply an "unscrew old one screw in new one" job. Typically, with these types of systems the other end is attatched by a bolt, or something similar, to a release catch, which again should be a fairly simple job.

I'll have a look under my bonnet tomorrow if no-one else replies and have a look for you.

·
Registered
734 Posts
It's a fairly simple job of feeding it through where the old one goes and clipping it in the relevant places. Bit of a bugger though as it goes through the wing and into the engine bay from the front so I'm not sure how exactly you get to it

·
Registered
211 Posts
I've had a look under the bonnet, and the first thing that hit me is how badly my car needs a wash. Anyway, imroberts is right; it will be a bit fiddly threading the new cable through.

The cable runs through the wing, and appears from there next to the windscreen wash bottle, about halfway up (it's the black cable which doesn't go to the water bottle). From there it runs under the place where the bonnet support arm rests when the bonnet is down. For that part it may be easiest to access if you jack the car up and crawl under it.

I daresay you've figured this all out after looking under your bonnet for a few seconds, but I thought I'd post it anyway.

Good luck with it all, the frustrating part will probably be getting the cable through the wing, as I've no idea to what extent the cable would be guided by the bodywork, but have a bit of patience and it should eventually get through. If all else fails, use your ingenuity .

·
Registered
13,616 Posts
Good luck with it all, the frustrating part will probably be getting the cable through the wing, as I've no idea to what extent the cable would be guided by the bodywork, but have a bit of patience and it should eventually get through. If all else fails, use your ingenuity .
Or take the wing off :) It's only about 5/6 bolts that hold it on. 3 on the top, 2 inside the door and I believe there's 1 or 2 more but I've never needed to take them out as of yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts