MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i had the door card off on my 200 bubble r reg to pop out a dent a bit and i saw the mount things for the speakers. i plan on upgrading them soon how do i go about doing this as i have looked on a few websites for ice and havent seen any adapter plates do i need this or do i just drill new holes for the new speakers?

anyhelp is aprciated

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
throw the plastic holders away and make MDF rings to support the speaker. glue and drill ring to the doors, then glue and screw the speakers to the mdf.

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
Not this again. 6.5" speakers fit right in without any fumbling with MDF rings and the like. Just 3 new little holes for the screws and that's it.
The next time I take my door cards off, which will be soon, I'm gonna post this up because for the life of me I can't understand this faffing about with rings.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not this again. 6.5" speakers fit right in without any fumbling with MDF rings and the like. Just 3 new little holes for the screws and that's it.
The next time I take my door cards off, which will be soon, I'm gonna post this up because for the life of me I can't understand this faffing about with rings.

excelent so much easier

i really dont want to bother with going and buying mdf and having most of it wasted

thanks

·
Registered
rover_25
188 Posts
speakers

hi i had the door card off on my 200 bubble r reg to pop out a dent a bit and i saw the mount things for the speakers. i plan on upgrading them soon how do i go about doing this as i have looked on a few websites for ice and havent seen any adapter plates do i need this or do i just drill new holes for the new speakers?

anyhelp is aprciated

its dead easy go to a scrappy find a 200 or a 25 put a hole in the speaker so you can get it cheap then remove the speaker totally so you are left with just the pod you can then fit your new speakers into them.

i would use the pods as it will give you extra mounting depth in the door before the magnet will interfere with the window mechanism.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts