MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently had a new gear box and clutch and the car now does 10 mph more in first, second, third and other unkown as yet. Can anyone tell me what the car should do in each gear?

ta flinty

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
oooh i have 1.4 si,

not certain bout these but when I really need to pull out in front of someone I can get up to 30 -35 mph in first & in second 55 mby more cant quite rmb. Never really ragged it in top gears.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i get 40 in first, 70 in second, 100 in third before i coul get 35-40 outta first but 60 at max in second, 90 at max in third... Just seemed weird!

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
is that reaching the rev limiter ?

does the car have the same kinda of pull ?? Or does it seem a lil slower.

Lol i won't delve any deeper cuz I'm not familiar with these kinda things , but could be the gear ratios. Or it could be the fact that newer things work better :p best waiting for someone who knows bout these things.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It doesnt seam slower if anything its faster im killing some cars which i shouldnt be killing. god knows!

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
your gearbox was prob shafted then (no pun intended) and you seem to have noticed the difference. Bit sceptical on the old figures though....

·
Registered
9,700 Posts
well i know the vi uses the pg1 as apoposed to the r65 box in the 1.4's etc but my ratio's are:

1st - 35
2nd - 65
3rd - 98
4th - 115
5th - highest i have had was 145 :shh:

hehe

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well its upto u if ya wanna believe me or not but they r the honest figures! suppose speedo cud be out but judging by when i drove upto liverpool i think not!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Speeds

I've got a 97 214si and these are my speeds

1st=35
2nd=60
3rd=90
4th=110
5th=132(and it screams cos of the induction kit!!!!!!!!)

My gearbox is gettin a bit rough so i was wondering how much you paid for yours?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts