MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm new here. My daughter left her car outside my Garage while she's gone on holiday. She left me her key in case I want to move it - which I do! She normally used the key to open and then the remote to mobilise the ignition. I want to move the car - I forgot her system and somehow can't start the car - I can get the 'blinking' light to go off, but as soon as I turn the ignition - the alarm goes off. What do I do! She's another two weeks away - in the midle of Africa - and i want to get in the garage!. I've tried to send this and a message comes to say its not long enough! so these are extra words to fill the space!.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Normally you have 2 buttons on the key fob, 1 should be lock and 1 should be un-lock.

Normally you press the un-lock button and it dissarms the alarm and immobiliser.

Are you sure its the Rover alarm and immobiliser?

What model Rover is it??

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
I don't no what model car your daughter's is. But press the button to unlock the car, and you usually have about 20seconds to start the ignition otherwise the the led will keep flashing, then you must lock the car and re-open it again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts