MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zr
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this problem for some time now and have no more ideas as to what is causing it. The car starts and runs perfect and is in tip top condition, the problem starts shortly after starting. It will idle as it should for a bit then all of a sudden when the revs just start to drop off the idle becomes erratic and not as smooth as it should be. This lasts for a bit then goes ok, it happens whether the engine is hot or cold and if I drive off when it is doing it the car is hesitant to go.
I have recently given it a service and also changed the following:

Fuel Filter
HT Leads
Distributor Cap
Rotor Arm

Each of the above helped in the general running of the car but did'nt solve the problem. I am now out of ideas as I can't see anything wrong with the car and would appreciate it if anyone could throw a few ideas my way.
The car is a 1999 V-Reg 200 1.4

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
11 Posts
This may not help but may give you an idea of what can go wrong.

Recently my 200sd would not hold the revs. As the revs peaked to what i wanted them to be then the car would just drop to idle revs and would not pick back up til i had completely taken my foot off the accelerator and reved again .
What caused this for me was the brake light fuse had blown. Not something i thought about checking till i had gone through quite a few other options.

Maybe its something similar? ECU controlled.

·
Registered
mg_zr
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I have just given it a service, but thats the thing that is so annoying it runs perfectly well apart from this minor problem. I am wondering whether to just live with it and monitor the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts