MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive just bought a 48mm throttle body for my 1996 N Rover 200, The car is a 1.4 16v 103ps version. The throttle body was sticking so today I began fitting my new one. I looked inside and both the throttle bodies open fully horizontal "90 degrees".
The model is MHB000100 for my new one.
The problem is when I went to fit it the metal arm that holds the throttle cable was not on the throttle body. I tried the metal fitting off my old plastic throttle body but it would not fit the new one. Should the fitting have come with the throttle body? will I have to change my throttle cable?
Thanks Chris

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
cju said:
Ive just bought a 48mm throttle body for my 1996 N Rover 200, The car is a 1.4 16v 103ps version. The throttle body was sticking so today I began fitting my new one. I looked inside and both the throttle bodies open fully horizontal "90 degrees".
The model is MHB000100 for my new one.
The problem is when I went to fit it the metal arm that holds the throttle cable was not on the throttle body. I tried the metal fitting off my old plastic throttle body but it would not fit the new one. Should the fitting have come with the throttle body? will I have to change my throttle cable?
Thanks Chris
Should have been a straight swop i thought. As you must have had unrestricted throttle body to get 103ps, there should be no new cable needed just to go to alloy, its the same just in a different material....or so i thought.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The do look the same and open the same but the metal arm that hold the throttle cable on the metal one seems to be missing theres just 2 screws in its place.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts