MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
rover_600
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As I've just bought a 600Ti the 220 has to go....

1999 T plate, 105BHp Intercooled engine, Electric Front Windows, ZR Wingmirrors, 'Lexus Lights' (I still have the original clusters for the car & they will go with it), 125k Miles, New Clutch & Exhaust @ 107k, Rover BRM Alloys (16's) with new tyres (<2000 miles on them all). 1/2 Leather ZR Seats (I also have the door cards & internal bits needed to do them as well, just haven't had the time to do it), ZR Carbon dash inserts (the heater surround & passenger flash - see pics).

Only Group 7 insurance & cheap to run, I was in Uni for the last 2 years so the 25K i've put on it has been virtually all motorway. Oil changed every 6000 & all reciepts.
Looking for arround £1550, however would probably do something for you lovely people! Any questions email me at [email protected] or I can be contacted on 07773394177.

Forgot to mention has Tax & MOT till March, cant see any reason why it would fail - had cv boots & Handbreak cable done for the last one, & new Disks & pads at easter.

Attachments

·
Registered
rover_600
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rob_R200 said:
ooh nice car mate. Why does insurance on diesels seem to be sooo much more expensive than petrols for me... :sad2:

Have you tried confused.com ? You need to remember the Dervs are quite fast (more than a 1.4 petrol) & the insurance is a little steeper because of this, I'm 22 & paid £320 fc last time I renewed (the Ti is costing £650!) besides you get it all back in the improved mpg!

·
Registered
mg_zs
2,230 Posts
Sorry but aint quicker than the 1.4, they are the same wen u look at extra weight and that.

Sin the car, nice!

Sie

·
Registered
rover_600
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sie said:
Sorry but aint quicker than the 1.4, they are the same wen u look at extra weight and that.

Sin the car, nice!

Sie
Ok I stand corrected (10 & 10.7 0-60), however I know which i'd rather drive on a motorway....

·
Registered
796 Posts
i know mate, but i can insure a '98 420GSi TPF&T for bowt £780, 'n a '99 220SDI TPF&T for about £900 odd?! what's gawn awnn! lol :guns3:

·
Registered
rover_600
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rob_R200 said:
i know mate, but i can insure a '98 420GSi TPF&T for bowt £780, 'n a '99 220SDI TPF&T for about £900 odd?! what's gawn awnn! lol :guns3:

Thats odd, however you are quite young (same age as my brother & he pays >£1000 on some fiat 1.1 pos!). Mine's 'quite' manageable now with 5yrs NCB (they still wont let me protect it though!), it suddenly got much cheaper @ 21 with 4yrs no claims.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
3,679 Posts
Rob_R200 said:
ooh nice car mate. Why does insurance on diesels seem to be sooo much more expensive than petrols for me... :sad2:
Cos there's a booming market in 2nd hand stolen wheezil motors bought by unscrupulous cabbies. The difference bottoms out as you get older.

The 200 looks great BTW, and if I hadn't just bought the pug i'd be sorely tempted at that price.

DD.

·
Registered
rover_600
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Diesel Dick said:
Cos there's a booming market in 2nd hand stolen wheezil motors bought by unscrupulous cabbies. The difference bottoms out as you get older.

The 200 looks great BTW, and if I hadn't just bought the pug i'd be sorely tempted at that price.

DD.

Mmm, as anybody who's ever been to cardiff knows there are many dodgy cabbies with 600SDi's, annoyingly the mates I went to see in Cardiff last weekend in the Ti dont know the difference between an SDi & Ti, so I have been on the recieving end of taxi jokes...until they came for a ride in the Ti.

·
Registered
rover_600
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I need shot of it quickly (My Ti, Dad's ZTT, Mum's TF, Brother's Fiat something & the 200 are making life at home somewhat tricky at the moment!) so better find a buyer!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Nice car mate, after a tractor myself at the minute. What colour is it mate? Black? and where are you located, is it surrey like your Avatar states?
What sort of offers are you willing to accept?
Cheers
Dave

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Rob_R200 said:
Rob, ive just got a quote for <£900 and im 19, 2 Accidents (one non fault) SP30 and 1 yr no claims.
Try Admiral.

·
Registered
796 Posts
hmmm.....just had a Re-quote...it's come up as £712.98! :s2h: Admiral's a wrip off, they wanted over £1000 for the same cover!
Whats your post code mate? May be interested

·
Registered
rover_600
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Rob_R200 said:
hmmm.....just had a Re-quote...it's come up as £712.98! :s2h: Admiral's a wrip off, they wanted over £1000 for the same cover!
Whats your post code mate? May be interested

GU16 6AL - Surrey Hampshire Borders near Guildford.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts