MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

This is my first post because Im having some problems with my Rover (97 R Plate). Its the 1.4i 16V and the problem I have is that when you accelerate the engine starts to miss.. I have changed the Distributor Cap, Rotor Arm, Leads, Lambda Sensor and still no difference...any ideas what else it could be as this is starting to get expensive??

Thanks In advance

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I havent changed the plugs...might give that a go they looked fine though

Is it difficult to change the coil pack...looks difficult to get to...any recommendations to make it easier? Would you buy a second hand one or go for new?

Thanks

·
Registered
13,616 Posts
Go for a new one, I wouldn't trust a 2nd hand one.

I'm not too sure how difficult it would be to change. Maybe stick it up on axel stands and get to it from under the car?

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
I havent changed the plugs...might give that a go they looked fine though

Is it difficult to change the coil pack...looks difficult to get to...any recommendations to make it easier? Would you buy a second hand one or go for new?

Thanks
Mello... im pretty sure i have a brand new, never been used coil pack at home! I was having the same problem as you & as the father-in-law works for a parts company he got me everything for the ignition system.... only needed the dizzy! :D

Let me double check & if i do have it, you could have yourself a bargain (what do they cost anyway???) :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AGGGHHHH!!!

Finally got round to trying the plugs...Guess what?...

Solved the problem!!!

Thanks for all your help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts