MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys!
Im want to buy a repair maunal from ebay and want to be shure to buy the right one! Is this it?: http://i10.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/9c/25/383a_1_b.JPG
My car is also left hand drive, does that make any difference?

It would seem i have abigger problem then i thought... now i have no idea what my car is...
ive been looking at the cars documentation and it clearly states that its a 214i but the butt of my bubble carries a 200!
Is this somekind of british joke?:D
Please help!

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Hi, yes that's the right one. It's the same as mine.

With regards to the badging this is what i've read so not 100% sure of its accuracy.

The bubble was made up to R reg (i think) carrying badges denoting the engine size and trim level. e.g. 214si. Now, as the k series engine was a powerful engine the 1.4 was on par with the 1.6 from other manufacturers, say a Ford Focus. Although the performance was the same the average consumer didn't see this. They only saw 1.4 Rover as opposed to 1.6 Focus and chose the bigger engine size 'cos they thought Rover 214 isn't as good or impressive as Focus 1.6. In an attempt to combat this Rover decided to use '200' badges on their cars from S reg onwards (except the 200vi & brm models which were named accordingly).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.