MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eyup

The steering lock on my Rover 114 died last night, couldnt move the car. So I got the RAC out to rip it out so I could move my car before someone nicked it (was parked at work).

Now I notice that on my steering lock the part number is ADU5316

Ive seen this on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/METRO-STEERIN...ryZ10414QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It looks IDENTICAL. But the part numbers are different. Will it fit? Its either get this cheaply or buy from parts gateway, which is 40 quid from some dude called MetroMan and thats not even forced to be the correct number, probably wont be. My local Dixon was useless as always

Help me please :) lol

·
Registered
rover_45
282 Posts
Why not ask the seller. Seems like he's got a bit of experience with these and has a few others available. Don't rely on the picture as he might have used a "stock" picture.

The seller is experienced and has a 100% perfect feedback record which he won't want to risk by telling you it will fit if it doesn't.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Obertelli, i asked him and he had no idea lol, just said check the part numbers. He probably just sells loads of random bits

mario1979, u sure mate? not questioning your wisdom dude, just wanna be 100% b4 i fork out

cheers lads

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
The reason maybe down to the multi plug connections to the loom ?? The physical metal bits may be the same, best to air on the side of caution and get correct part number.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol, not that i dont, but im a sceptic. dont want to question your knowledge but how r u so sure?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts