MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please advise if Rover ever manufactured a 114 SLi with power steering?

I have a 1996 114 SLi and have enjoyed driving it for the last 8 years or so. As I am now getting on in years I'm finding it harder to steer the bally thing, rheumatism in the shoulders apparently, according to the quack.

It only has 69K on the clock, has generally behaved itself and don't particularly want to part with it (yes, I know its an inanimate object!), so PAS would seem the ideal solution.

Any advice or help would be appreciated.

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,117 Posts
Welcome

I don't think any Metro/R100 was ever made with PAS. I have wondered if it would be possible to install the F/TF EPAS system into a R100 but it would be a big expensive job with no guaranteed results.

·
Registered
rover_45
11,619 Posts
Rover did'nt no, But the people from Motobility did install a power steering job on some Austin Metro's and some very early Rover ones but no 100's. They wear to long in the tooth by then.

·
Registered
rover_45
11,619 Posts
The seating in the 100 is the same as the MK2 200 AND MK1 400. The late Metro's also had the same seat, Makes the car the best small hatch for confort.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts