MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,

i am trying to wire a stereo in to my fiancees rover 100 - can anyone offer me any advice on where to wire the 12v memory wire?

i am guessing that it needs to be pre-ignition - (i.e something like the courtesy light?)

I would appreciate any help or advice you could offer!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
great, that is a massive help thanks!!

can i simply just spur off that cable then? im guessing i must disconnect the car battery, then unscrew the fuse box to get to the wires behind.

thanks again

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there seems to be everything except the memory - all i have found that is live is the igintion controlled wire. this is an older style 100 (H-reg) so i am guessing that it either did not come with any form of stereo, or it only had a basic model with no store function.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ah, it might be a metro - sorry for the confusion! the family have 3 metro, 100's etc i get confused which is which lol!!!

it doesnt have a cigar lighter, that is blanked off. should the loom be there anyway?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my mistake - looking at a photo of it i have on my PC - it is a metro - but it is the same body shape as the 100 if you catch my drift!! (i.e not the austin metro shape)

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
Sure a techno anorak will be along soon, but I think the 100 badge appeared on a M plate. Either way have a look at the rear of the ciggy lighter for your feed

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i will go and have a look to see if there is any wiring behind the blanked off ciggy lighter - i know that in my car (an '04 corsa) the wiring for pretty much everything is there even if the item is not fitted.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
just been out and there is no loom at all behind the ciggy lighter area. the fuse box in this on is located just below the steering column.

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
Yes mate, two quarter turn buttons. Cannot remember off the top of my head,which side it goes up,but can you not join into the interior light wiring before it goes up the A post ?? ( I think its on the O/S )

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
that was my initial idea - i traced the wire down the a-pillar and then lost the course of it as it would have required me to remove the dashboard lol.

It is a purple and white wire, i could not trace it in to the back of the fuse box for some reason. the wire came down the drivers side pillar. i wired the memory wire to the light (by removing the wire from the blub) and it worked perfectly. if i could trace the other end of the wire i could definatly get it working.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i found the door switch wire when rooting around - thinking about it, that would make sense as the switch and the light circuit would have to meet. probably why i couldnt find the purple and white wire at the 'box.

i think there was a purple wire from fuse 12, i will go and have a look in a sec. i guess i need to disconnect the battery before spuring off the purple wire?

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
iainiow said:
i found the door switch wire when rooting around - thinking about it, that would make sense as the switch and the light circuit would have to meet. probably why i couldnt find the purple and white wire at the 'box.

i think there was a purple wire from fuse 12, i will go and have a look in a sec. i guess i need to disconnect the battery before spuring off the purple wire?
Pulling the fuse will do.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts