MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
rover_45
11,619 Posts
They are indeed, But remember thats the front one is held on by three screws on the front arch liner. So you will have to turn the wheel to fully lock and use a stubby screwdriver to get them out or take the wheels off.

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are indeed, But remember thats the front one is held on by three screws on the front arch liner. So you will have to turn the wheel to fully lock and use a stubby screwdriver to get them out or take the wheels off.
Thanks guys, i'm getting them from a scrappy, so the cars (there are two) don't have wheels on, but both are on the floor, is this going to pose a problem getting them off, where are they screwed underneath - or is it just front and rear arches that hold them on?

Thanks

·
Registered
726 Posts
Sills

Don't forget about the 2x8mm nuts inside the front wing sections, remove the two rubber bungs inside there front wings. To get access, remove front tyres and feel up inside arches and remove rubbber bung, 8mm nuts. Will probabaly shear off but worth a try. I Put them back on without these lugs ('cos they sheared) and have been OK for now.

With all screws removed slide sections to the rear to slip off locating pegs.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks guys, i'm getting them from a scrappy, so the cars (there are two) don't have wheels on, but both are on the floor, is this going to pose a problem getting them off, where are they screwed underneath - or is it just front and rear arches that hold them on?

Thanks
If there just the standard ones and not the GTI ones that come up the front arches. They are just screwed along the bottom and one screw on the rear wheel arche then you slide the long section of sill cover back as they are attached to pins on the sills which you will need on your car. If your car hasnt got them they wont fit. Then the front small section of skirt is just one screw on the front wheel arche. This is for the standard sill covers not the GTI skirts. I have not had much experience with the GTI ones so can not explain them.

·
Registered
726 Posts
If there just the standard ones and not the GTI ones that come up the front arches. They are just screwed along the bottom and one screw on the rear wheel arche then you slide the long section of sill cover back as they are attached to pins on the sills which you will need on your car. If your car hasnt got them they wont fit. Then the front small section of skirt is just one screw on the front wheel arche. This is for the standard sill covers not the GTI skirts. I have not had much experience with the GTI ones so can not explain them.
My mistake, I was forgetting the std ones don't have the small arch extension. I had the skirts of both sides of the GTi last year (to clean up the sils and get the jacking point front one side welded) and the pins survived OK. Guess it depends how tight the fit is. Mind you the nuts I mentioned just sheared off but the rest of the screws seem to hold them on pretty well.

·
Registered
48 Posts
it not so much whether there ok because if their there they should be fine was quite clear whether the 100 sills. Were going on a metro mk3 or the later 100 as some mk3s dont have the pins in the first place which would then become a problem

1 - 9 of 9 Posts