MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a quick question for a newbie, Ive just acquired a rover 100 knightsbridge but the cassette player doesnt work.

a) how easily will this be to replace, and what do I need to look out for?

b) as the radio works I know the speakers are fine, so is it worth me tryin to get one of those gadgets that would allow to listen to my ipod via the cassette adaptor thing? I assume whatever is making the cassette not work would also affect this

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
If the unit is single din size (the same size as those you see in any Halfords etc.) then you could repalce it with a cd player or an mp3 player depending on how much you want to spend.

It should be very easy indeed to replace. Even if the wiring is a bit different there are plenty of adapters available. Just take your old unit to a car stereo place and ask them to show you what would replace it. They won't be backwards about showing you all the kit you could have.

It's just not worth trying to fix the cassette, and it wont work the ipod thing so best to get a new unit.

Good luck

Mike :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
as i only want a cheap radio cassette unit surely there must be someone I could get one second hand though? Cant find anywhere so far like!

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
zico martin said:
as i only want a cheap radio cassette unit surely there must be someone I could get one second hand though? Cant find anywhere so far like!
For a replacement cassette unit I'd try ebay. Cassettes are old tech now so not easily available.

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
There are currently over 1300 car radio cassettes on ebay so you should be able to find one that suits :)

hth

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts