MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
other_rover
44 Posts
It is going to need someone like Ricciardo or Vettel to go in there and put Hamilton in his place again but cannot see them leaving their teams with the unknowns of the 2017 rule changes, Mercedes could be the new Mclaren. Maybe a good move for Bottas though.

·
Super Moderator
11,001 Posts
I think it's a wise move. Life goal achieved. And after all would you want that mardy bling bling as a team mate?

Congratulations and enjoy it.

·
In the Garage
MG TF
32,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So it looks like Bottas is in frame but so Williams have said "no", even with 50% discount for their engines.

·
Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,896 Posts
V. Bottas 2017 WDC Odds. 12-1; 9-1; 5-1 now 3-1.

So it looks like Bottas is in frame but so Williams have said "no", even with 50% discount for their engines.
Yes, Bottas a skinny 3-1 to win the 2017 WDC! Yes, 3-1 .. Not to take the vacant MercedesF1 spare seat, but to win the WDC! Remarkable.

Some of you who read my posts may know I like to wager a few quid on Formula 1 and Premier League Football... Snooker too. .

Much speculation as to who will take the vacant Mercedes-Benz F1 team's vacant seat following the departure of the 2016 WDC, N. Rosberg.

Unlike some, indeed many other observers, I have been impressed by Bottas in the Williams cars. He has impressed both in and out of the cars. I felt he would be a likely good candidate to take the Merc seat alongside L. Hamilton. A week or so ago I checked the on-line bookies sites, they mostly had Bottas around 10-1 ... for the 2017 WDC, not the seat. Meantime those odds have steadily shortened down to the skinny 3-1 available today.

Money talks and sometimes even shouts loudly.

Sure that much movement and shortening of odds is not simply due to "hunches"? Maybe substantial wagers placed based on "insider" information.

Sehr interessiert ... :)

Looks like Bottas will be alongside Hamilton on the Grid next season. We shall see.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts